Monday, July 19, 2010

I want the world to make me wonder..

It's so hard to stay upset when there's so much beauty in this world.
Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart feels up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain. -American Beauty
You know, I can't help but feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my life, the life I take for granted.

One thing I have learned about life is that it goes on. The sun will rise tomorrow whether you want it to or not. This semester everything changed: My responsibilities, my sense of home, and especially my friendships. I had to make a radical change and purge all that was close to me last year in order to move on. It was hard, but I have changed because of it. Truth is, it was the best thing that could happen to me. God has provided me with a job that I love and friends and family that care about me.

Human beings are funny. They long to be with the person they love but refuse to admit openly. Some are afraid to show even the slightest sign of affection because of fear. Fear that their feelings may not be recognized, or even worse, returned. But one thing about human beings that puzzles me the most is their conscious effort to be connected with the object of their affection even if it kills them slowly within. -Sigmund Freud

When people would talk about what they want to be remembered for, I would usually not contribute to the conversation, not really having the slightest clue. But now, I have an answer for this:
I simply want to be remembered for loving. Loving others, loving knowledge, loving nature, loving life, loving music, loving God, and loving laughter. I just want to love and be loved, and be remembered for loving.


No comments:

Post a Comment