Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Good Things Don't Come Easy

I want to go to a park, lay in the grass, and see stars come to life. I want to see princesses and unicorns among the clouds. I want to see them and believe they're there. I don't want to pretend.

I want to write the book that has been floating in my head for twenty years, and I want you to read it. More than that, I want it to punch you in the gut. I want you to feel it.

I want to be the best daughter, the best sister, the best friend.

I want to talk on the phone for hours and catch up, without once racking my brain for what to say next.

I want to be hopelessly lost without being hopelessly afraid.

I want to know where I'm going.

I want to be okay with not knowing.

I want a bookshelf that reaches the Heavens that holds all the books I've ever read, and all the books I want to read.

I want to save the world.

I want to be the girl that the song is about. I want someone to write poems about me, but then again, I don't. I want to be the girl that cannot be captured with words.

I want to take a road trip with no destination, but away, and nothing but a full tank of gas and people that make me laugh.

I want to read a poem to an audience, and I want them to know that I have given them a piece of me.

I want to wear a hat without looking silly.

I want to learn to speak another language.

I want to remember everything, never forget.

I want to seek redemption.

I want to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment